More than 35 years of experience in the oil, gas, and petrochemical business. Acknowledged as the leader of KUWAIT gas master plan which resulted in establishing the energy balance required for the country. Involved in the establishment of global EQUATE presence through acquiring MEGlobal. Initiated the innovation program in EQUATE
EQUATE President and CEO (2012-2017)
KNPC Deputy Chairman and Deputy Managing Director (2011)
KOC Deputy Chairman and Deputy Managing Director Planning & Gas (2007-2011)
Petrochemical Industries Company, Deputy Managing Director - Manufacturing (2004-2007)
KOC Deputy Managing Director NK (2001-2004)
BSc. in Petroleum Engineering from The University of Tulsa Oklahoma. Received several certificates including one from Harvard business school. Mohammad holds a bachelors degree in Petroleum Engineering from the US-based University of Tulsa.
- Led KOC and BP team to carry out the first integrated area development plan for west Kuwait fields. This included a production profile, field activities including drilling and facilities, resources and investment required. This work was then considered the base practice with other IOC's (Chevron and Total).
- Led team to Introduce and manage the balance score card in KOC and ensure alignment of department objectives with Company's strategic objectives.
- Led efforts in PIC to manage the fertilizer business after the upgrade and coordinate all efforts for smooth operation.
- Participated in forming the agreement with DOW Chemical for the expansion of EQUATE 2, and the creation of two joint venture outside Kuwait.
- Involved in the preparation of KPC vision and new strategic direction.
- Led team responsible for preparation of Kuwait's first Energy Master plan to ensure the long-term availability of fuel.
- Achieved debottlenecking project in EQUATE to reach 165MMSCFPD processing capacity and 1-million-tons production of polyethylene.
- Moved EQUATE from a local player to a global player through acquiring MEGlobal, which positioned EQUATE as the second largest Glycols producer in the world.
- Advocated for the Innovation program in EQUATE and during his tenure EQUATE registered it first IP. Also initiated the High Reliability Organization initiative in the company.
Mr Attallah Rashid Al Mutairi has more than 40 years of professional experience in the Energy and Engineering Industry. He served as Vice-President and admin. Services director in DOW/PIC Joint Venture, Zurich, Switzerland. Prior to that, he served in various other executive capacities with PIC (Petrochemical Industries- a state-owned subsidiary of KPC Kuwait. He also occupies a number of external board director positions in leading Kuwait-based companies with diverse interests including investment, engineering and real estate.
Mr Attallah Al Mutairi graduated BSc. Electrical Engineering (with honour) in 1983.He earned additional Diploma in Project Feasibility Studies & Finance in 1997 from Kuwait University and successfully completed a Diploma program in Power plants Operations.
Mr Ahmad Mohammad Al-Rasheed joined KOC as Harbor Master in charge of Port Operation Management. Since then, he has handled various critical assignments like Superintendent (Export Promotion), Team Leader (Strategic Planning), and Manager (Planning Group). He served as Deputy Managing Director (West Kuwait) of KOC from 2008 up to 2013, later become Deputy CEO of Planning and Commercial Directorate. He is a pioneer in strategic planning and enormous experience with capability provides a prolific advantage.
In 1983, Graduated from the Academy in the United Arab Emirates after serving three years on board in Oil Tankers and obtained Master Mariner Foreign Going Certificate and became a pilot in Mina Al-Ahmadi and obtained Second Officer Foreign Going Certificate in Marine Navigation as Mariner and joined KOC under Pilot Development Program.
Mr. Khaled Shammaa is working in the field of Oil & Gas sector for the last 32 years. He has worked with Schlumberger for more than 23 years in key positions like Supply Chain Manager and Marketing and Industrial Affairs Manager. He has also served as Director and Deputy General Manager with Statoil, Egypt. Currently, he is working as Vice President, Oil & Gas in Zait for Petroleum, Singapore. He has extensive expertise in Exploration and Drilling, Production Enhancement, Supply Chain Management & Logistics, Entry Strategy & Constructing a new Organization and Organization deficiency remedy and strategy structure.
Mr. Khaled Shammaa is graduated as Electrical Engineer from Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University.